April 25, 2007 5:19 PM
Summer here I come..
So I decided I wanted to take summer school after all. However, I don't want to take it at Berkeley because I want to spend the summer with my family and friends in Sacramento. Plus, a summer wouldn't feel like a summer if I didn't "travel" even if it is just go go home, lol.
I talked to a CNR advisor about summer school and she helped me a lot. Here is what I found out:
1. You can't take summer school at a UC like UC Davis because they run on a quarter system and UC Berkeley is a semester system so the dates won't line up.
2. In general, you can't take summer school at a State school like Sacramento State University because people don't usually transfer from State schools to UCs so the classes are not transferable (for the most part).
3. You CAN take classes at a community college as long as it is a UC Transferable course and the course you are taking must be equivalent to the UC course you want credit for. You can find what community college courses are equivilant through assist.org
4. The grade will not be counted into your Berkeley GPA but if you are applying to let's say medical school, you must send them ALL college transcripts and they will calculate another GPA. So you still have to take the JC class seriously...bohooo right?
5. YOU are responcible for sending Berkeley the official transcript at the end of the term if you want them to count for units.
8. Classes that satisfy a major requirnment will count towards your major so long as they are transferable/equivelant.
9. If you want to repeat a course you took at Berkeley you MUST repeat it AT Berkeley so if you take the same course (even if it is equivalent) it will not replace the course you want it to.
10. Don't stress. Keep up with the paper work and everything should work out fine.
If you have any questions about this you can contact your CNR advisor.
Hope this helps!
There are currently no comments.
Post a Comment