February 29, 2008 1:27 PM
Want to share a file with your classmates, but it's too large to send reasonably via e-mail? When I run into this problem, I always turn to Cal Web Files: https://webfiles.berkeley.edu
What is it?
Online file storage and file sharing! It's hosted on campus, is super secure, and available to students, faculty, and staff.
A few tips:
- It takes a little time to become familiar with the interface.
- Since their servers are based on campus, files upload faster when you're on campus than when you log on from a distance.
- You can choose to store things in a private folder, a shared folder, and a public folder. With the public folder, you can share files with anyone, not just Cal students. Shared is only accessible to people with Cal WebFiles accounts, and the private folder is viewable only to you.
Stuff I've passed along via Cal WebFiles:
- Class notes
- GIS maps
- Digital audio recordings of class lectures
- Photographs from study abroad
Great! What a wonderful resource! Thanks for letting me in on this! :-D
Posted by Juan | 2008-02-29
Post a Comment