April 30, 2008 3:22 AM

need assistance?

In order to ensure that a class you want to take this summer at a community college or any school other than Berkeley, checking assist.org is the fastest and safest way to do so. Assist.org will give you the classes in Berkeley and what their equivalence are at other colleges in which Berkeley has made agreements with. So, if you take a certain class (like english R1A for instance) at a community college, all you have to do is transfer your transcript at the end of the summer and the register office will automatically match that class to the Berkeley's r1A and give you the credit for it. This is a great option if you want to go home for the summer or just take an easier load to take care of some general classes. Even if you don't see a class you want to take on assist.org that matches anything in Berkeley, you can take the description of the class and talk to your councilor to get it approved. For instance, the community college in my hometown offers a physics class for science/non-engineering students that was not on assit, I showed the class to my major advisor and he put a note on my transcript approving the class so now I will be taking my physics class in Sacramento as I do medical research at Kaiser.

If you have any questions about the process, let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Rola Abduljabar Rabah | Permalink | Comment on this article | Comments (0)

Comments (0)

There are currently no comments.

Post a Comment

Your Name:

Your Email Address:


You will NOT be allowed to include links to anything.