Online Adventure Travel Marketplace AvidTrips.com Seeks Talented Individuals ASAP
Attention undergraduate students interested in:
- Tourism marketing
- Tourism destination management
- Adventure travel
- Cultural heritage tourism
- Sustainable resource management
We are an online adventure travel marketplace with openings for several summer interns. Our website’s launch date was May 10, 2010 and we are looking to rapidly expand our network of partnering local tour operators on all seven continents.
We need dedicated individuals to help us identify local tour operators offering outdoor adventure activities such as hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing. Applicants will be interested in working in a vibrant, dynamic, and expanding field, and will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Passion for the environment, culture, adventure, and travel
- Ability to work in a unstructured, start up environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to multi task and work remotely
- Strong research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Responsibilities to include:
- Identifying local tour operators servicing cool destinations for adventure travel
- Picking itineraries offered by local tour operators to market on the site
- Marketing the website on social networking websites and college campuses
- Working remotely four days per week
- Completing a 10-week commitment from June through August.
The position is unpaid, but there are multiple prizes available to interns, including but not limited to a prize for finding the most extreme adventure itinerary.
College credit is available according to the rules and regulations of your university.
To apply please submit resume to Ian Matthews at email@example.com.
Check out our website at www.avidtrips.com.