- Come to the CNR Homecoming Picnic (Oct. 15)
- Get ready for your Tele-BEARS appointment (Oct. 17)
- Make your grade option changes before the Oct. 28 deadline
Did you know Biology 1A/1AL will not be offered Summer 2012?
Biology 1A/1AL, General Biology, will not be offered in summer 2012. As Tele-BEARS approaches for spring 2012, it's important for students to think about the impact this has on your planning. Many students require this course for their major or for their pre-med requirements. Please discuss with your advisor if you have any questions about selection of courses for Spring and Summer.
The reason for the cancellation is that currently there are 2 labs for each of Biology 1A and Biology 1B and are therefore limited in terms of the numbers of students whom can be accommodated in any given semester. A project to build an additional lab for each class, and to redesign the lab prep room for Biology 1AL, has been approved and the work will begin in January, with an expected completion date of the middle of next summer. Due to the fact that lab prep room will be affected, Biology 1A will be cancelled this summer. Biology 1B will be offered, as usual, even though they are building new space for their lab as well.
Come to the CNR Homecoming Picnic!
Saturday, October 15, 2011
starting at 12:00 noon
at Giannini Hall – outside on the lawn
Beginning at Noon, the CNR Alumni Association is hosting its third-annual CNR Homecoming Picnic. This event is for CNR alumni, parents, friends, faculty, and students. Make plans to attend and enjoy great company and delicious food!
RSVP for the CNR Homecoming 2011 Picnic at http://nature.berkeley.edu/site/rsvp.php
Get ready for your Tele-BEARS appointment!
Tele-Bears advising for Spring 2012 has begun and appointments are now available! The spring schedule is posted at http://schedule.berkeley.edu. Phase I appointments begin October 17. You can view your Phase I and II appointment times on Bear Facts.
- All CNR students must meet with their advisor to obtain their advisor code (AC). No ACs will be distributed by phone, email, or without an appointment.
- Schedule your appointment early. Do not wait until the last minute to schedule an appointment, as there may not be any available before your Phase I appointment.
- Arrive to your appointment prepared. You need to bring a completed Tele-BEARS form and any questions that you may have. You can pick up a copy of the Tele-BEARS form from the CNR office (260 Mulford) or print one out online at http://nature.berkeley.edu/site/req_forms.php
- Arrive to your appointment on time. If you arrive late and are unprepared, you may be prompted to schedule another appointment, as most appointments are scheduled back-to-back.
- Please refrain from cancelling and rescheduling appointments. When you make an appointment and cancel, you are take up a time slot that another student could have used. We may cancel your appointment if you reschedule more than one or two times to allow other students to have a chance to sign up for one.
Schedule Planning Resources:
- Online Schedule of Classes: http://schedule.berkeley.edu
- Course Catalog: http://catalog.berkeley.edu
- 7-course Breadth: http://ls-advise.berkeley.edu/requirement/7breadth.html
- CNR Major Requirements: http://nature.berkeley.edu/site/majors.php
Make your grade option changes before the Oct. 28 deadline!
The deadline to change your grading option is next Friday, October 28, at midnight.