April 10, 12-19 | Summer SPUR Deadline
April 19 | CNR Poster Session
Apr 10, 12-19 | Summer SPUR Deadline
SPUR Program Info:
Each semester and summer, CNR students may apply to participate in undergraduate research with CNR faculty through the Sponsored Projects for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) program. Funding for the program is generously donated by CNR alumni. Students have the option to apply for funding for their own research project, or to apply to work on a research project conducted by CNR faculty.
- Student-Initiated Proposal Deadline: Wednesday, April 10, 5:00 PM (Open to juniors and seniors)
- Students apply to Faculty-Initiated Projects between April 12 - 19 (Open to sophomores, juniors, seniors)
CNR juniors and seniors undertaking their own independent research or honors thesis research may apply one time only during their time in CNR for SPUR funding up to $2,000 to support their own research project. Please see the SPUR website for more details.
Students may apply between March 18 and April 10 through the SPUR website. A hard copy of the proposal and signed budget must also be dropped off in 260 Mulford by the April 10 deadline.
The research project proposal must include:
- Project title
- Abstract, background
- Objectives and hypothesis
- Expected results
- Detailed budget proposal including: expected expenses for each semester of project, amount of SPUR funding being requested for duration of project, other sources of funding for the remainder of the project costs
CNR faculty will be seeking sophomores, juniors, and seniors to join them and/or their grad students on research projects for the summer. To apply, students will need a resume, unofficial copy of their transcript, and a statement/cover letter. Faculty-Initiated Projects will be posted in mid-April; Students apply between April 12-19.
You may see examples of previous projects on the SPUR website, go to Find a Faculty Project and select the Past Projects tab:
April 19 | CNR Poster Session
CNR Poster Session
Friday, April 19, 12-2pm
260 Mulford Hall
Are you working on research that you would like to share with the CNR community? If so, register to participate in our upcoming poster session! This is a great opportunity for you to:
• Gain communication and presentation skills
• Learn to summarize your research, an integral part of scholarship
• Get recognition for your hard work on a research project
• Have the chance to discuss your project with others who share your interests
• Give the local community a chance to learn about the exciting research being done by you, a fabulous undergraduate
• Add another great experience to your professional resume
• Get a Certificate of Participation
Registration is now open for those interested in participating in the CNR Poster Session: http://nature.berkeley.edu/site/poster_sessions.php You'll also find information on Designing Your Poster at the link.
The deadline to register is Wednesday, April 17.
Questions? Please contact Carina Galicia, email@example.com