October 13, 2009 4:38 PM
TELEBEARS IS HERE! Spring 2010 advice on classes?
Telebears is here! The big question is... What classes do you take?! Don't go completely crazy yet, we can figure this out. Taking the wrong combination of classes here at UC Berkeley can make a student crawl into a hole and never want to come out. Never fret, CNR PALS are coming to your rescue! I have some quick tips on how I've come to select classes....
1. Try to stay in between 13-15 units, especially if you're "doubling up" on science courses.
2. I've found that many "intro" labeled courses are very time consuming.
3. Balance, balance, balance your workload! For example, MCB 102, Math 54, NST 103, Chemistry 3 A/B, and Physics 7/8 series are very difficult and time consuming classes for most students at Berkeley. Try not to take more than 3 of these courses at the same time.
4. In addition to 3, figure out how you will fair with professors! "How do I do this?" you may ask. There are many resources! I feel the best resource ofcourse come from UCB students who have taken the course already, preferably with the same professor you look to take it with. (I tend to use ratemyprofessor.com as a last resort because it has been VERY inaccurate at times from my own personal experience.
5. I think the main point I am trying to get across is to.... ASK! Ask your adviser. Ask a former student! Ask your prospective professor. ASK! ASK! ASK! It is the only sure way you will know what you are getting into for Spring 2010! Who knows, you may get an old syllabus or exams to gauge just how the class may be.
These are my two cents about the issue. If I have left something out you feel is equally important, please feel free to share! I mean hey... This is a BLOG right? :-)
Be Careful and Stay Dry,
There are currently no comments.
Post a Comment