April 10, 2011 2:21 PM
Feeling stressed? Check out these tips!
Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good spring break.
As the semester nears to an end, stress begins to set in. With all this nice weather and the smell of summer in the air, it can sometimes be hard to focus. With finals quickly approaching, the semester will be over before you know it. This time of year brings a lot of stress as midterms finish up and the looming threat of finals sucks the life out of students. The last few weeks of the semester are often very stressful because not only are you burnt out from the year and looking forward to summer, but the reading, labs, midterms, and papers don't let up.
If you are feeling stressed, here are a few tips on how to relax and avoid being anxious about school.
1. SLEEP! As much as cramming for a midterm may feel useful, sleep is the most important thing to relieve stress!
2. Eat Healthy! Do not skip meals, especially breakfast! Make sure to eat nutritious meals throughout the day to keep you going! I always bring snacks to class so I never get too hungry.
3. BREATHE! Try taking some deep breaths when you are feeling anxious.
4. Plan a fun activity! It's always good to have something to look forward to. Try setting up a fun activity with friends as a study break. Study hard for awhile and then make sure to do something fun that has nothing to do with school.
5. EXERCISE! Going outside for a walk/run or heading to the gym is a great way to relieve stress! Maybe schedule an outdoor sporting activity with friends as a way to have social time as well as a break from school work.
There are tons of other ways to relieve stress and this is just a sampling. For more info on stress and how to manage stress, check out the student health center website on stress!
They have great tips on managing stress as well as identifying causes of stress. Hope this helps! Good luck!
There are currently no comments.
Post a Comment