November 1, 2011 9:06 PM
Make the Best of Winter Break!
Wow, can you believe it is already November? Where has the semester gone! Hopefully you all are surviving midterms and finding some time for fun!
With just a little over a month left a school it is time to start thinking about winter break!
Here are some interesting ideas to make your winter break useful:
1) Externships: Externships are experiential learning opportunities offered for students interested in checking out different careers. Students can shadow alumni from different professions. The application deadline for freshman and sophomores is Monday November 14th at 11:59 PM. The deadline for the rest of undergraduate students in Monday November 28th at 11:59 PM.
Check out this website for more information: https://career.berkeley.edu/externships/externships.stm
2) Informational Interviews: These are a great way to engage in conversation with a professional about their career, training, responsibilities, what they like about their jobs etc. The idea is that you are not asking them about job prospects but rather getting an idea of their particular career field.
3) Explore the Career Center Website. If you have free time, instead of going on Facebook, check out the different services the career center offers. They have databases of different career fields and lists of what alumni of different majors are doing now. Explore!
4) Also check out local volunteering options in your area!!
5) HAVE FUN! AND RELAX! Winter break is also a time to de-stress from the semester so make sure you find time for fun and relaxation :-)
There are currently no comments.
Post a Comment