The Environment and Human Welfare
The College of Natural Resources (CNR) addresses biological, social, and economic challenges associated with protecting natural resources and the environment.
CNR's undergraduate academic programs teach students how to ensure economic and ecological sustainability for future generations.
Research Fields at CNR
- Environmental and agricultural economics
- Environmental policy, law, and justice
- Geographic Information Systems
- Microbial biology
- Natural Resource Management
- Plant genetics and biology
- Toxicology and virology
Departments and Programs
CNR is home to 4 departments and 16 interdisciplinary research centers and facilities. It also hosts the Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program, a program in resource management for international students.
- The Horace M. Albright Lecture in Conservation
- The S.J. Hall Lecture in Industrial Forestry
- Cal Day
- Awards Presentation
CNR is located on the northwest corner of the main UC Berkeley campus.