Dictionary of Agricultural Occupations
The Dictionary of Agricultural Occupations (DAO) has been a compilation from the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (4th edition, 1991), US. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, 1977 and the 1986 supplement, slightly adapted and revised by Gregory Encina Billikopf. Farmers may wish to consult the DOT for the jobs not included here.
Here are several sources for accessing information on occupations. The first two permit you to view or download the Dictionary of Agricultural Occupations (DAO). The third source provides information on ordering the complete hard copy of the somewhat outdated Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT) and also serves as a link to the extensive US Superintendent of Documents home page. The fourth source introduces a new service that will be replacing the DOT, the Occupational Information Net (O*Net, and finally, CalJobs is a service provided by EDD for employers who want to post jobs or for potential applicants to find available jobs:
1. Electronic version where you can view or download DAO job descriptions.
2. Compressed file download where you can download the Dictionary of Ag Occupations.
3. How to order hard copy of Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT) from US Government.
4. Occupational Information Net (O*Net)
5. CalJobs, California job bank, where employers can post--and applicants can look for--job openings.
6. America's Job Bank, US jobs, where employers can post--and applicants can look for--job openings.
Gregorio Billikopf Encina
University of California
15 November 2004