Welcome to the Order Trichoptera page, also known as caddisflies!
Information about Trichoptera in general:
- Small to medium-sized that somewhat resemble moths.
- Four hairy, veiny wings that are held over the body like a roof when not in use.
- Long and skinny antennae.
- Larvae are grublike and aquatic and are an important food source for many aquatic animals.
- Most are weak fliers and are frequently attracted to lights.
Trichoptera identified and listed in alphabetical order by family name.