Mulford Hall Wood Exhibit
University of California at Berkeley
Department of Environmental Science, Policy, and Management
The hallways of the first and second floors of Mulford Hall are lined with boards cut from many species of trees. The boards on the first floor are mainly from the United States and Canada, while those on the second floor are from other parts of the world (primarily Japan, Argentina, and the Philippines).
Most of the specimens from areas outside of the United States and Canada were initially exhibited at the 1915 Panama Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco, and were gifted to the then Division of Forestry after the exhibition closed. Most of the boards from Canada and the United States were donated by lumber companies or alumni. The exhibit was first located in Hilgard Hall. It was moved to Giannini Hall in April, 1931, and remained there until Mulford Hall was built in 1948.
Comments to: forags at nature.berkeley.edu
Last updated 8 December 2006.