- Examining Monophyly in a Large Radiation of Madagascan Butterflies (Lepidoptera: Satyrinae: Mycalesina) Based on Mitchondrial DNA Data
2001. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 20 (3): 460-473.
- Conserving Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services: conflict or reinforcement?
2001. Science, 291: 2047
- Protecting Natural Capital: Ecosystem service districts.
2001. Stanford Environmental Law Quarterly, 20: 333-364.
- Designing a New National Park in Madagascar: The Use of Biodiversity Data
2001. African Rain Forest Ecology and Conservation: An Interdisciplinary Perspective, 400.
- Programs to Assess the Impacts of Timber Harvesting on Tropical Forest Wildlife and their Habitat
2001. The Cutting Edge: Conserving Wildlife in Logged Tropical Forests, 667-695.