Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS)
CNR students get lab research experience.
DARS is a service designed to assist you with planning and tracking your progress toward graduation by comparing or auditing your academic record against the requirements for your bachelor's degree. Your DARS report includes completed UC Berkeley courses, transfer credit, and in-progress courses (the ones you're taking now).
DARSweb is the user interface through which you request and access DARS Reports. Your academic advisors also have access to DARSweb.
Requesting a DARS Report
To request a DARS report, go to the Bear Facts page, click the DARSweb link, and log in with your CalNet ID and Passphrase.
- Click the "Audits" tab and select "Request New Audit."
- Select either "Run for current major" (the default) or for any "selected program" (a "what if" scenario).
- Click the "Submit New Audit" button.
- Wait a few moments for your report to run, then click the "Refresh List" button. You may have to click it a few times.
- When your new request appears on the list below, click the "Open Audit" button to its left.
There is no limit to the number of DARS reports you can request, but only the ten most recent will be saved. The most recent report always appears at the top of the list.
Request a new DARS Report every time you use the system to ensure you're using up to date information. Each report is only accurate as of the date and time it is generated. Changes, updates or corrections to either your degree requirements or your academic record (e.g., adding or dropping courses; grade changes; new transfer credit; declaring, adding or changing majors, etc.) will change the results of your report.
DARS does not eliminate the need for advising! It should be used in consultation with College and Major advisors, who make the final determination about completion of degree requirements.
Questions? To report an error or ask a question, please contact your College or major advisor, not the Office of the Registrar.