- Science paper published in Feb. 2021 shows Mojave mammals not exposed to climate change while bird community collapsed over the past century, garnering ...
- ...extensive press.
- Dr. John Clare recently received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin and joined the lab in Feb. 2021 to work on the Grinnell Resurvey Project.
- Postdoctoral researcher Eric Riddell is now Assistant Professor Eric Riddell of Iowa State University in the Dept. of Ecology, Evolution and Organismal Biology.
- Congrats to Dr. Kelly Iknayan who was hired as a research scientists by by the San Francisco Bay Estuary Institute.
- New research on the resilience of wetlands and rails in coupled human-natural systems appears in Ecology and Society in 2021
We study conservation, behavior and population biology toward the goals of understanding the influence of climate change, managing endangered or commercially-valuable wildlife, or of understanding the factors shaping life histories to satisfy our curiosity about how nature works. Our research combines intensive field studies based on quantitative sampling with field or lab experimentation, and modeling. Recent work has been done in California, Venezuela, and Puerto Rico.