Welcome to the research site of Patina Mendez & Team Caddis.
Teaching, Curriculum Development & Research Activities:
- Scientific research design and writing for senior undergraduates in the Environmental Sciences Major
- Collaborative mentored research for undergraduates focused on the insect order Trichoptera (Caddisflies)
- Instars & Emerge Programs: Diversity, equity and inclusion programing at the Society for Freshwater Sciences
- Social Tools for Bio: Social and inclusive curriculum models for online collaboration by biology undergraduates in general biology courses
Team Caddis is a group of undergraduate researchers who work collaboratively to small-scale, integrative research questions using caddisflies and other benthic macroinvertebrates as model organisms.
Some topics that interest us at Team Caddis include:
- Biodiversity of California Caddisflies
- Intermittent Streams and Life History of Caddisflies
- Morphological Variation in Caddisfly Wing Venation
- Freshwater Biomonitoring with Benthic Macroinvertebrates