Welcome to CNR!
Contact Us260 Mulford Hall # 3100
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 5pm
Berkeley, CA 94720-3100
Phone: (510) 642-0542
Fax: (510) 643-3132
- Kristina Gacutan, Assistant Dean of Instruction & Student Affairs
260 Mulford # 3100, 643-4647
- Scott Enriquez, Student Services Representative
260 Mulford # 3100, 642-0542
- Contact Your Advisor
Academic Advising at CNR
The Office of Instruction and Student Affairs coordinates academic advising for CNR's four departments and 10 majors. It also sets college-wide policy for all CNR students and handles issues related to student status.
CNR has its own set of policies and procedures. In some cases, these requirements differ from other colleges, so check with the Office of Instruction and Student Affairs if you have questions.
Come to us with questions you have about specific requirements as you navigate your way to a degree.
The Student Resource Center is also located in 260 Mulford Hall.
The Office of Instruction & Student Affairs provides supportive, individualized advising to prospective and current undergraduates in the University of California, Berkeley College of Natural Resources. Our staff are committed to attracting outstanding, diverse students and to helping them achieve their academic and career goals.
We carry out our mission through:
- Strategic outreach efforts that use individual contact, printed materials, and web resources to introduce the unique benefits of CNR to prospective students;
- Advising services, community building activities, and academic development programs that enrich students' undergraduate experience; and
- Personal attention from dedicated, professional student affairs staff.
We serve as the central student services resource for undergraduates in the College of Natural Resources. We advise students, oversee CNR requirements and graduation, review petitions, and host CNR-wide student activities such as summer orientations for new students, Welcome Day, and Commencement. We can also help you with a multitude of other questions you might have as you pursue your education, including:
- Advice about medical, financial, or personal problems
- Learning or physical challenges
- Admissions and pre-admissions counseling
- Advising for undeclared students
- Reading and Composition requirements.
- Assistance selecting a CNR major
- Tracking your progress toward your degree
- Processing petitions to change your class schedule