College of Natural Resources, UC Berkeley

Transferring Credit Toward Your Degree

Junior Transfer Credit

Students entering CNR as junior transfers may apply up to 70 units of credit from their coursework at other institutions toward their degree progress; this process is handled by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

University Extension

University Extension courses with numbers below 200 and preceded by an X plus another letter (such as XB132) are equivalent to courses offered at UC-Berkeley. They satisfy the same requirements and the credit is counted as equal to the same course taken at Berkeley.

UC-Extension courses with numbers below 200 preceded by an X alone may be considered for use to fulfill requirements on a case-by-case basis. Check with your Undergraduate Staff Advisor before enrolling in such a course.

Note that if you are registered exclusively at UC Extension you are not considered a Berkeley student, even if you are applying your credit toward a Berkeley degree.

Special Registration Programs

For the following programs, students should call 510-642-5990 or visit the Office of the Registrar at 120 Sproul Hall.
  • Cross-Registration Agreements
  • Intersegmental Cross-Enrollment

Other Programs

  • Education Abroad Program
  • Intercampus Visitor Program
  • Intercampus Exchange Program
  • International Students (EAP Reciprocity Program)
  • Veterans and dependents of veterans

Concurrent Enrollment

Students may not enroll simultaneously in the College of Natural Resources at UC Berkeley and in another institution, except during the summer. If you can demonstrate unusual circumstances that may require you to undergo concurrent enrollment, go to the Office of Instruction and Student Affairs and request approval before enrolling in the other institution. Incoming freshmen and transfer students for Fall should schedule an advising appointment with the CNR College Advisor before applying for concurrent enrollment.