College of Natural Resources, UC Berkeley


How to Declare

CRS Majors

Students interested in declaring CRS as a major should enroll in ESPM 90: Intro to CRS no earlier than the spring semester of their sophomore year and no later than the spring semester of their junior year.

FNR, MEB, and SE Majors

ESPM no longer holds major declaration workshops. Students should contact the major advisor for their intended major to set up an appointment, or come during drop in advising hours to 260 Mulford Hall. Petitions to Change Major/College or Simultaneous Degree petitions should be filled out prior to the meeting with an advisor. The recommended deadlines are October 1 and March 1. Paperwork received after these dates may not be processed in time for registration for the following semester, so students should consult with their major advisor to ensure enrollment in the proper courses.

Please visit the ESPM Student Affairs Office in 260 Mulford or email for more information.