Writing and publishing a scientific paper can be daunting. Come hear a publishing and copyright expert, a postdoc, and a science librarian demystify the process and outline important tips for maximizng impact, including:
* key guidelines for writing a good scientific paper (hint: they are related to how you read a scientific paper)
* how to choose an appropriate journal to which to submit your manuscript
* how to retain your rights as an author
* what to expect as your paper moves through the editorial process
* how to maximize the impact of your work
* Maria Gould was an Academic Copyeditor and Editorial Consultant at PLoS before joining the UC Berkeley Library this year.
* Olga Kononova has published several peer-reviewed scientific journal articles