Summer Courses Online
No matter what part of the world you live in, you are invited to study at the top-ranked public university in the world this summer. Rausser College of Natural Resources at Berkeley will equip you to contribute to solutions for local and global environmental challenges. We are committed to providing an unparalleled education despite the coronavirus shutdowns.
Whether you are a student seeking to fill academic requirements, a mid-career professional, or a retiree seeking educational enrichment, Rausser’s world-class faculty teach foundational and cutting-edge approaches to environmental and health studies for a rapidly changing planet. To make our courses even more accessible, Summer Sessions will waive the $400 International Student Services Fee this year for international students unable to travel to the United States.
Our summer courses explore land, forest, and water management, responses to climate change, environmental justice, management of energy generation and use, the human diet, and computer systems for natural resources studies, and food systems, among many other topics.
Remote Instruction courses are available in:
- Energy & Resources Group
- Environmental Economics and Policy
- Environmental Science, Policy, and Management
- Nutritional Sciences & Toxicology
- Plant & Microbial Biology
In Summer 2021, there are two online ways to study at Berkeley:
- Online Courses are specifically designed for distance learning, taught by world-class instructors with years of experience in delivering online education. Online courses are easy for students from all time zones to participate in.
- Remote Instruction courses are traditional UC Berkeley courses that have been moved online due to COVID-19. Top-tier instructors are rising to the occasion to deliver Summer Session courses that otherwise would have been cancelled. These feature live teaching at the times indicated in the schedule. Some remote instruction courses are “asynchronous”: lectures are usually given live and are recorded, exams can be taken at multiple times, and sections are timed to meet the needs of enrolled students so that students in all time zones find it easier to participate (Asynchronous classes are noted in the UC Berkeley Academic Catalog.)
This is a unique opportunity for students to fulfill academic requirements, gain skills, and remain competitive at a time when many summer internships and employment opportunities cancelled. As climate change and environmental degradation intensifies in these tumultuous times, interdisciplinary training in the social, economic, policy, and scientific fields has never been more vital to preserving our societies and ecosystems. Enroll in Summer Courses today!