About RCNR Poster Sessions / Research Showcase
The Rausser College of Natural Resources Office of Instruction and Student Affairs sponsors two poster sessions each year (fall and spring) for undergraduates to present their research to the community. This is a great opportunity for you to:
- Gain communication and presentation skills
- Learn to summarize your research, an integral part of a scholarship
- Get recognition for your hard work on a research project
- Have the chance to discuss your project with others who share your interests
- Give the local community a chance to learn about the exciting research being done by you, a fabulous undergraduate
- Add another great experience to your professional resume
Important: Students completing a student-initiated SPUR project or participating in the travel grant this semester must participate (unless you are also an Honors Program Student doing an Honors Symposium presentation)
Spring 2023 Research Showcase:
The Spring 2023 Research Showcase will be held in-person at the Morgan Hall Lounge on Friday, April 21, from 2-4pm!
If interested in participating you must officially register using this link.
RCNR student participants who want our office to cover the cost of printing their posters needed to have registered (and indicate that you need us to cover the cost) by the deadline of Wednesday, April 5th. We will send a list of approved student printers to Krishna Copy, a printing center here in Berkeley, who you will work with individually. You'll need to send your completed file by Monday, April 17th. Your finished poster must be 48" x 36" and a pdf file.
All Research Showcase participants will need to drop off their posters at 260 Mulford by 12pm on Thursday, April 20th.
Recipients of the Rausser College Travel Grant & Student-Initiated SPUR are required to participate in this event. If you are unable to participate in the live Zoom Session for the Research Showcase, we ask that you make a video presentation of you presenting your work or narrating your poster as an alternative.
Poster Session Guidelines for Participants
- The deadline to register and have your poster printed by RCNR is Wednesday, April 5th.
- If the lab you are working with is able/willing to print your poster, please do so through them.
- If you are working with an RCNR research mentor, but you are not a student in RCNR, we're not able to offer to cover the cost of printing your poster, but we encourage you to check in with your mentor for printing needs!
Designing a Poster
Posters can be created in several different ways, but many students prefer to use PowerPoint to design their poster. The UC Berkeley Library has this wonderful guide to creating a research poster, from concept to execution.
Curious to see examples?
You can watch our Spring 2021 Virtual Bio-Science Research Showcase here and Social Science Research Showcase here.
Also - check out the Spring 2020 Research Posters and watch our Fall 2020 Virtual Research Showcase here!
Please email Craig & Patricia at email@example.com.