Restorative Justice Center's UCB Student Resources (basic needs, self-care, volunteering & more)
Basic Needs Center - UC Berkeley:
- COVID-19 Living Guide for students. Very detailed and updated regularly.
- COVID-19 Student Relief Fund - Undergraduate, graduate students, undocumented, and international students in need are encouraged to apply. Please make sure you are logged into their student email account when submitting the form.
- If you are struggling with low funds and a lack of food, please look through this list of Food Resources in the Bay Area. We all need some help these days.
Visit the Cal Dining website for the latest updates on the evolving COVID-19 policies and resources for the campus community.
Berkeley International Office:
- BIO has an FAQ to address visa questions and travel information for international students.
Career Center Resources:
- The Career Center will be operating virtually for the foreseeable future. Student services, including counseling appointments, will be available electronically between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm (email, video and teleconference). Handshake will continue to serve as the primary portal for students and employers. Students can send messages to email@example.com or directly to their career counselor's email address regarding questions or issues.
Health & Well-being:
- Updated information on Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP) related to C-19 is available on the UHS website.
- Staying Environmentally Sustainable - COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery
Counseling & Psychological Services:
- University Health Services is developing online tools for coping during COVID-19. See some of their resource below:
- UHS has also created a Black Lives Matter page with Counseling Groups, Drop-in Consultations, and other resources.
- Support Connecting with an Off-Campus Mental Health Provider
- Zoom Workshops held every Tuesday from 4:15-5pm (PST), at Zoom ID: 995 4463 1037
- This workshop is for students who need support connecting to a provider off-campus and will be useful for both students with SHIP or with other insurance plans.
- *Please note that students will be required to provide their student ID number to the facilitator using the private chat function
Stay Well Together
- Through the newly launched Stay Well Together initiative, students can find a comprehensive directory of resources on and off-campus to support their overall wellness.
PATH to Care Center:
- Survivor support resources during COVID-19 are still available during the COVID-19 pandemic, including during the shelter-in-place orders. Your safety and well-being are our top priorities. There may be adjustments to options during this time, so please refer to the PATH to Care website.
- Understand your own biases by taking an implicit bias test. Dialogue about your results with someone you care about and can encourage you to challenge these biases.
- Anti-Racism Resources
- 75 Things White People Can Do For Racial Justice
- 9 things you can do to help end racism
- How to Be an Anti-Racism Activist
- Curriculum for White Americans to Educate Themselves on Race and Racism
- Teaching and Discussion resources about Ferguson, Black Lives Matter, Racism
Financial Aid & Scholarships Office:
- Emergency Funds: Students who need additional financial support can either create a case with Cal Student Central or submit a request for additional financial aid via the Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request. The Financial Aid and Scholarships Office has more specific information on their website.
Laptop and WIFI Hotspot Lending Program
- If you are facing pressing technology needs, please check out the Student Technology Fund's new Laptop and WiFi Hotspot Lending Program webpage. To get started, fill out the Technology Needs Assessment.
For students looking to purchase their own tech, there are instructions for requesting cost of living adjustments from financial aid, and securing student discounts as well.
Student Tech Equity Program (STEP)
Applications are now being accepted for the Student Tech Equity Program, which provides laptops, Wi-Fi hotspots, and other required technology to students in need. Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to apply here.
- The UC Berkeley Library’s buildings are closed, but users can still access a wealth of resources online, as the Library ramps up its outreach and remote services.
Digital versions of millions of physical volumes held by libraries across the 10-campus UC system through the Hathi Trust digital library.
Zoom Pro Accounts for Students
- All registered undergraduate, graduate and professional school students now have access to Zoom Pro accounts at no additional cost to them. Among other features, this enables students to unlimited meeting minutes and 300-person meeting capacity. More details are available at studenttech.berkeley.edu/zoompro.
Student Tech Support
- The Student Tech Support Helpdesk continues to be available Monday through Friday by phone and email.
Technology Discounts and Financial Aid Adjustments
Undocumented Student Program Services :
- COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Californians. A wealth of info and resources for families, including by region; from the CA Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance.
- Undocumented students are eligible for applying for the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund as well. Please make sure you are logged into their student email account when submitting the form.